Valentine's Day is coming up, and you know what that means: we're all going to be talking about looooveee. Valentine's Day doesn't just have to be about romantic love; it can also be about celebrating the love you have for your family members, friends, or even your pet.
In celebration of Valentine's Day, we want you to write a story of exactly 100 words (no more, no less!) about love. You can write about the bond betwen a boy and his dog, or the love a parent has for their child, or even a student who is absolutely batty for Minecraft. And of course, if you want to write about romance, that's perfectly fine too!
We will select the 10 best stories and post them on the official Young Post Instagram account. These entrants will each receive a HK$100 book shop voucher.
The story that receives the highest number of "likes" will also receive the grand prize of a HK$3,000 voucher for dinner at a five-star hotel, while one runner up will receive a HK$1,000 voucher, so you can spoil the people you love!
How to enter:
Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with your story as an attachment (.doc or .docx files only), along with your full name (as printed on your HKID), your age, school name, and phone number with the subject line: VALENTINE'S DAY COMPETITION by 11.59pm on Sunday, February 9, 2020.
Winners will be notified via email.
Terms and conditions:
- The competition closes at 11.59pm on Sunday, February 9, 2020.
- The contest is only open to secondary school students in Hong Kong.
- Entries must be the contestant's original work
- The competition is not open to South China Morning Post staff or their families
- South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd. (“SCMPP”) reserves the final right of decision on all matters relating to this competition