Jointly organised by Sino Group and SCMP Young Post, programme aims at encouraging students to develop and share a better understanding of the many extraordinary dishes and tastes that have long made our home so great while learning English writing techniques. By taking part, you will be able to learn the interviewing, researching and writing skills from a seasoned SCMP journalist. What’s more, in addition to winning a prize of up to HK$3,000 for the best entry, your work will be published on SCMP Young Post!
F.4 students of local secondary schools or college freshmen
Submit a photo with an article of up to 200 words about a traditional local dish/food you love here. Registration deadline: Friday 3 June, 2016
Workshop & Site Visit
60 shortlisted students will be invited to a training workshop (25 June 2016) and tour (9 July 2016) to learn more about food culture.
After the interview, shortlisted students are required to write a feature article in English of up to 500 words on the topic of topic of ‘Hong Kong’s Culinary Heritage’ and submit by 22 July 2016. All articles will be assessed using the same criteria as those for the shortlisting process. The five best articles will be published on the SCMP Young Post website.
Champion: HK$3,000 cash prize
1st runner-up: HK$2,000 cash prize
2nd runner-up: HK$1,000 cash prize
Merit (two places): HK$500 cash prize each
All finalists will be invited to results announcement and award presentation ceremony on Saturday, 27 August 2016. The winning articles will be published on the SCMP Young Post website in September 2016.
- Registration deadline is Friday 3 June, 2016
- Shortlisted students will be notified by email
- Shortlisted students are required to attend te full-day workshop & cultural tour in order to qualigy for the consideration of prizes
- The personal data collected by South China Morning Post Publishers Limited (“SCMPP”) will be used for the purpose of Sino Junior Reporter Programme only
- SCMPP and Sino Group reserve the final right to amend the event details at any time without further notice