In 2016, World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD) will focus on the theme: “ICT entrepreneurship for social impact”. Communications Association of Hong Kong (CAHK) wants to use the occasion to build a caring culture, encouraging schools and the ICT industry to contribute to society, and enhance students’ awareness of the less privileged through a range of WTISD activities. CAHK has arranged a series of related promotional and educational events running from March to May.
F4-F6 secondary, university and college students in Hong Kong
- ICT Open Day
- Geocaching Competition
- The Lens of Love Embraced by ICT – Photo Shooting Competition
- Huawei Lend A Helping Hand with ICT Community Caring Award
- Prize Presentation Ceremony
- The deadline for ICT Open Day & Geocaching Competition is 24 March 2016. The deadline for The Lens of Love Embraced by ICT - Photo Shooting Competition and HUAWEI Lend a Helping Hand with ICT Community Caring Award is 15 April, 2016.
- Teachers will receive a confirmation email by 30 March 2016 once the application for ICT Open Day and Geocaching Competition is successful.
- Please make sure the registered students will attend the ICT Open Day.
- Your preferred time slots of ICT Open Day will be confirmed by email.
- The duty of the Student Coordinator is to oversee the photo taking activity of the ICT Open Day and ensure to submit the short report of the event.
- The competition will be judged by a panel of judges. Their decision will be final.
- Only original and non-published work may be submitted and by entering the competition you are confirming that the work is exclusively that of the individual it has been attributed to.
- 10 outstanding submissions of each activity will be chosen by the judging panel and displayed in the Prize Presentation Ceremony. Champion, First Runner-Up and Second Runner-Up will be selected among the outstanding submissions.
- The organiser, the Communications Association of Hong Kong might ask the 10 finalists of both activities for the original photo or working file for display purpose.
- All submitted entries will not be returned. The organiser reserves the right to use the submissions in the future for any promotional and marketing service.
- The organiser holds the final right of decision on all matters relating to this competition.