|We've got HK$3,000 worth of book vouchers from Dymocks up for grabs - more than enough to fill your spare shelves with pages of adventure, romance, mystery, laughter and thrills.|
The theme of this season's fiction competition is: I found a book. Feel free to take this where you will, but remember not to limit your stories to just the Christmas festivities - we'll be publishing the best entries up until next April.
How it works
Your stories must be in hong Kong and be between 1,800 and 2,000 words in length.
Entries should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with "I found a book" in the subject field, by December 8, 2010.
Include your name, age, school, phone number and a JPEG headshot of yourself - because we want to see what our proud winner looks like.
Work by the five finalists, as well as our winner, will be published during the Christmas, Lunar New Year and Easter holidays, alongside special illustrations produced by our talented artists.
The winner will feature on our cover and each finalist will get a certificate from Young Post.
1. The contest is open to Young Post readers aged between 10 and 18.
2. There will be one winner, who will receive HK$2,000 worth of book tokens from Dymocks. HK$1,000 worth of tokens will be shared among the other four finalists.
3. The winner and finalists will all receive an official certificate to commemorate their achievement.
4. The closing date for entries is December 8.
5. The winner will be announced on April 30.
6. The judge's decision is final and no correspondance will be entered into.
7. Prizes will not be exchanged for cash.
8. SCMP and Dymocks staff, and their family members, may not enter.
If you are used to getting Young Post at school, remember to susbscribe to our holiday programme or you won't be able to see your story published if you are a finalist.. To subscribe, click here
|Kwong Yee-man |
|Ruby Yeung Wing-yiu |
|Li Yan-wa |
|Cheung Ka-lun |
|Leung Lok-yin |