Calling all aspiring writers – our Summer Short Story Competition is now open for entries.
The theme for this round is:
You can interpret this however you want. Be imaginative!
What you need to do:
- Write a story that is 2,000-2,500 words long.
- The story must be all your own work and must be set in Hong Kong.
- On your story’s first page, write your name, age, school, and phone number.
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Secret Message” in the subject field. Attach a high res (1MB at least) jpg photo of yourself (we accept selfies!)
Our favourite entries will not only be published in our Winter Holiday editions, but will also be compiled into an illustrated book. The selected entrants will each receive a copy of this book and the ultimate winner will also get an awesome prize. Good luck!
The closing date for entries is December 17.
Terms & Conditions
- The contest is only open to secondary school students in Hong Kong.
- The competition is not open to South China Morning Post staff or their families.
- Each contestant can only submit one entry
- Entries must be the contestant's original work
- Contestants retain copyright of their submitted entries. However, by entering this competition, contestants grant South China Morning Post Publishers’ Limited the rights to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media platforms, including in print and online
- The judges’ decision is final.