October 13, 2017
October 06, 2017
October 03, 2017
September 26, 2017
September 15, 2017
September 08, 2017
September 07, 2017
September 06, 2017
Letter from the Editor: if anybody - even a parent or teacher - touches you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, tell someone
September 05, 2017
September 04, 2017
Here's what we know about the Las Vegas shooting so far:
- At least 59 people were killed and 527 injured when a man opened fire on a crowd attending an outdoor country music concert in Las Vegas on Sunday night.
- Officers found the shooter dead with 17 guns, including automatic rifles and guns in the style of AR-15s and AK-47s, on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.
- Stephen Paddock, a gambler, had set up attack points in a corner suite of the hotel, knocking out two windows to stage the attack from different directions.
- The incident was the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history.
- Shooter used a ‘bump-stock’ device to speed the rate of fire.
- The shooter’s father was a bank robber who was constantly running from the law, but before this, Paddock had no run-ins with the law as far as we know.
- Isis claimed responsibility for the attack.
- The FBI says Paddock had no known links to any international terror groups, and was believed to have acted alone.
- According to The Guardian there have been 1,516 mass shootings in 1,735 days in the United States.