Bad news about all that slime you made - turns out it may not be as safe as you think.
The Consumer Council - which studies products to make sure they are safe for people buying them - warned on Thursday that boron, a chemical found in slime, can cause harm if you accidentally ingest it. This is a risk if you play with slime then touch your mouth or food without washing your hands thoroughly.
An expert from the council also said that absorbing a medium to high amount of the chemical might cause nausea and vomiting in the short term
Some slime-based products also have substances that could induce skin allergies or easily transmit bacteria. Twelve of the 20 samples tested by the council were also found to contain chemicals called methylisothiazolinone (MIT) or methylchloroisothiazolinone (CMIT), or a mixture of both.
These chemicals can cause allergic reactions, and breathing them in can be bad for your lungs. Of these, five had such content exceeding the recommended upper limit set by European standards.
The council also said you should not let slime-based toys come into contact with open wounds on your skin.