Mums work so hard to take care of their children, but it’s easy to take their devotion for granted. Except on Mother's Day. Mother's Day this year is May 12, and we want to help make it extra special.
We want you to write a poem about your mum, why she’s so special, and what she means to you. All eligible entries will be published online so that you can share it with your family, and the winner and runner-up will also appear in print in Sunday Young Post on Mother's Day.
You can also send a photo of your mum (with her permission!), of your family, or of something that represents your feelings for her.
What’s more, the winner and two runners-up will receive vouchers from the Kowloon Shangri-La to treat their mums to a special meal!
How to enter:
Email your entry to email@example.com along with your full name (as printed on your HKID), your age, school name, and phone number with “Mother’s Day” in the subject field.
The closing date for entries is May 9, 5pm.
Terms and conditions
- The contest is only open to secondary school students in Hong Kong.
- The competition is not open to South China Morning Post staff or their families.
- Each contestant can only submit one entry
- Entries must be the contestant's original work
- Contestants retain copyright of their submitted entries. However, by entering this competition, contestants grant South China Morning Post Publishers’ Limited the rights to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media platforms, including in print and online
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.