1. One that I can confirm the plausibility (and enjoyment factor) of is the soy sauce-Sprite-Coke imitation product, where you mix soy sauce and Sprite in a Coke bottle and wait for your unsuspecting victim to take a sip. The best part about this one is that the bottle makes the fizzing sound when you open it because of the Sprite. Needless to say, the stronger the sauce, the better the reaction.
Anirudh Kannan, 14, South Island School
2. Inspired by the YouTube channel BFvsGF, the best prank would be chewing your food until it's mushy and soft, then walk up to your friend and "vomit" all over them! It'd be hilarious, and it's not as disgusting as real vomit!
Emily Lei, 18, Australian International School
3. Contacts shuffle! Borrow a friend's phone and change your contact name to "Mum". Scare the lungs out of your friend when you send un-mum-like messages!
Lamy Chiu, 16, Good Hope School
4. Use Windows' notepad to create batch of files that display scary messages like "Deleting System 32 … Deletion Successful" and then put the computer on shut-down.
Leuven Wang, 13, King George V School
5. If you're at a school where the Easter holiday begins on April 1, you should tell any careless friends who rely on you for everything that the holiday begins on 2 April. They'll arrive at school early in the morning and realise that the holidays has already begun!
Regina Cheng, 16, Cheung Chuk Shan College
6. My favourite prank idea is telling my best friend that I got married to her celebrity crush. Heartbreaking (until she realises the truth) and hilarious.
Crystal Wong, 16, Law Ting Pong Secondary School
7. Zayn admitting he isn't quitting One Direction, and that the whole "solo career" rumour was a joke. The whole internet broke after last week's breakup announcement, then the "release" of a solo track. I imagine Zayn admitting the whole thing was part of an April Fools' prank would have lifted a lot of spirits.
Joy Pamnani, 16, PLK Ngan Po Ling College
8. One of my favourite pranks is to set the volume of a friend's TV to its highest setting, then turn off the TV. I also put a black sticker in front of the remote's LED, so he won't be able to turn it back down with the remote! This is especially be good if he secretly watches TV late at night.
Lyndon Fan, 14, HKUGA College
9. Tell your teachers or friends that you are going to play a huge prank on them (remember to feign a nasty smile to really convince them), and they will wait with anticipation. Then, on April Fools' Day, tell them that the prank was just tricking them into believing you, and you can laugh at their foolishness!
Jessica Leung, 12, St Paul's Convent School
10. My best friend likes eating Oreos, so I'd give her a small box of the cookies, but replace the white filling with toothpaste or mustard. I'd tell her these different coloured fillings are special, limited-edition flavours, and she's lucky I found them!
Yeung Wing-chi, 13, Immaculate Heart of Mary College
The HKDSE exams have finally begun (good luck!). For our next Top 10, tell us your unusual ritual before a big exam. Send your answer, together with your name, age and school, to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Top 10: April Fools" in the subject field. The best ones will be published on our next Top 10 page!