1. Basi’s handlers celebrated her life by holding a memorial service.
2. Basi only lived at the Research and Exchange Centre for 33 of her 37 years because she was rescued from the wild when she was four.
3. D – grateful
4. The word “peers” in paragraphs 4 refers to other pandas born around the same time as Basi.
5. (i) NG, (ii) T, (iii) F
6. (i) legendary, (ii) eulogy, (iii) celebrity
7. Giant pandas are described as vulnerable due to (i) their low reproductive rate and (ii) habitat loss.
8. Basi was the first panda to undergo cataract surgery
9. (i) Pan Pan was the world’s oldest captive male panda. (ii) He was special because he fathered more than 130 babies.