It’s time to dance because Epic Games is giving Fortnite players the Boogie Down emote for free, and all they have to do is secure their account. This is a win-win for players, as it means their accounts will have an extra layer of protection (thanks to two-factor authentication) and they’ll receive a pretty slick lookin’ emote.
In order to unlock the Boogie Down emote in Fortnite, players will need to activate two-factor authentication on their Epic Games account. Two-factor authentication is an additional security system that keeps accounts secure, and it’s incredibly easy to set one up. All players will need is a mobile device that can download an authenticator app, an Epic Games account, and five minutes.
- Go to: http://www.fortnite.com/2FA
- Login to Epic Games account
- Go to Profile
- Select Password & Security on the left
- Scroll down to Two-Factor Authentication
- Select Enable Authenticator App
- Download authenticator app to mobile phone (Google Authenticator works well)
- Tap the + symbol on the authenticator app
- Scan the QR code or manually input the digits into the authenticator
- Wait for the authenticator to recognise the Epic Games account
- Input the 6-digit code that appears on the authenticator app into Epic Games
- Click activate
After these steps are completed, the two-factor authentication will be applied to the Epic Games account, and as such, the Fortnite account. With the two-factor authentication activated, sometimes Fortnite or Epic Games will require players to input the 6-digit code from the authenticator app. To do this, simply open up the authenticator app and input the numbers before they expire, if they expire, simply input the new 6-figure code that appears.
Now all that’s left to do is boot up Fortnite to receive the congratulations on activating the additional security as well as the Boogie Down emote. Load up Battle Royale, head to the locker and get that sweet new dance equipped.