Studying for exams can be stressful, boring and frustrating – especially when you’ve worked hard, but still don’t achieve good results.
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: China’s growing middle class lose appetite for instant noodles [September 19, 2017]
1. They are more health-conscious and want to pursue a healthier diet. 2. They provide quick delivery service. / They are easy to use. / It provides users with higher quality but inexpensive meals. 3. (i) T
Memorising is tough, but it doesn’t have to be if you do it right. Here are simple ways to help you improve the effectiveness of your note-taking and you don't have to waste time making up songs.
JUST READ IT Answers: What’s in Traditional Chinese Medicine? The Hong Kong Wetland Park has the answer [September 20, 2017]
1. (i) healing pimples (ii ) healing a sore throat 2. (i) four (ii ) What herbs and insects are used in Traditional Chinese Medicine, as well as what produce comes from the wetlands which we use it every day without knowing it.
JUST READ IT Answers: HK’s Lord of the Rings, gymnast Kelvin Ng Kiu-chung, is back and stronger than ever [September 13, 2017]
1. He tore the muscles in his shoulder three years ago. 2. B 3. He tore a ligament in his right knee a year into his recovery.
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: Having a helper leaves Hong Kong’s young lazy and spoilt [September 12, 2017]
1. C 2. any two of: rent, education and parental ambitions for children, too many maids 3. He says they expect other people to fix their problems/ He says they want to have everything laid out for them.
JUST READ IT Answers: Rare Bruce Lee letter to be sold at auction – for at least US$30,000 [September 6, 2017]
1. to be sold at auction 2. It is the best Bruce Lee letter ever to appear on the market./It contains Bruce Lee's autograph, which is rare because Lee died young. 3. express the utmost in the minimum of motion and energy
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg: Elon Musk’s doomsday AI predictions are ‘pretty irresponsible’ [September 5, 2017]
1. C 2. D 3. He believes AI is a fundamental risk to the existence of human civilisation. 4. He believes the world will actually get better with AI. 5. (i) drum up
This year’s HKDSE Economics exam required understanding of current issues and is as tough as last year’s
Both teachers and students have said this year’s DSE economics exam was just as tough as last year’s, with many questions testing students on their ability to accurately analyse diagrams and to apply economic concepts to current issues.
2017 HKDSE Business, Accounting and Financial Studies exam remarkably similar to the HKALE accounting exam
Tutors and students say some of the DSE questions this year were very much like those found in the HKALE accounting paper