1. many 2. the textile industry 3. (i) they worked in the textile industry (ii) they bought property 4. traditional shops selling Shanghai noodles, dumplings and other locally-made snacks
1. C 2. to create graffiti on subways
1. Any two: (i) students are more likely to skip s
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: Targeted in crackdown, Moutai liquor is once again the toast of the town [November 7, 2017]
1. costly / expensive 2. (i) distributors have no stocks (ii) the share price keeps climbing 3. (i) NG (ii) T (iii) F 4. (i) unseated (ii) toast (iii) lavish
CORRECTION: JUST READ IT Questions: Blind singer Michelle Siu talks learning music by Braille and performing at Concert in the Dark [November 1, 2017]
A technical glitch led to incorrect questions being printed yesterday
JUST READ IT Answers: Blind singer Michelle Siu, who won Supernova 2013, talks learning music by Braille and performing at Concert in the Dark [November 1, 2017]
1. The loss of her sight./ She got form of cancer that affects the eyes and became blind. /She became blind. 2. C 3. (i) NG (ii) F (iii) T
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: With no kings or queens, can Canto-pop find its star again? [October 31, 2017]
1. C 2. (i) plummeted (ii) shrinking (iii) veteran 3. The 1980s were a time of great economic prosperity./There was an economic boom in the 1980s./People had a lot of money in the 1980s.
JUST READ IT Answers: Where to get Hong Kong’s best fast-food fried chicken – and the worst [October 25, 2017]
1. fried chicken 2. (i) it shouldn’t be too oily (ii) the skin should be crisp (iii) the meat should be moist
Writing can be a daunting thing to do. If even just thinking about it brings you out in a cold sweat, relax – we’ve got you covered. Here are five writing tips that will take your essay from eh to excellent.
Festivals are a popular choice for test questions, either written or oral. So it’s always a good idea to have some “festival ammunition” up your sleeve just in case the topic arises.