HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: The woman on a mission to expose China's 'harsh and cruel' marriage market [April 17, 2018]
1. C 2. A 3. It implies that Chinese society’s traditional view is that a woman should be educated but not too educated. It is a negative thing in the eyes of society if a woman becomes too smart.
JUST READ IT Answers: 'My parents abandoned me in China. Now I’ve made it to the US and I want to find them' [April 11, 2018]
1. A 2. D 3. Because if she doesn’t start now, then the people who might know where her parents are might die of old age. 4. B
No matter how good your English is, this exam can still trip you up if you don’t know how to properly approach it. Here’s how you can be one step ahead of the examiner.
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: Lion dancing: history, traditions and its special place in Hong Kong culture explained [April 10, 2018]
1. A 2. A 3. He expects students to work hard and be passionate about lion dancing. 4. (i) native (ii) mimic (iii) influence
Does the HKDSE liberal studies exam leave you waking up in a cold sweat? You’re not alone. Luckily, the best way to deal with the problem is by being prepared.
The HKDSE Chinese Language exam takes place in less than a week (April 9-10). It can be daunting, we know, but don’t worry; this guide will give you a better idea of what to expect in each of the three papers.
The English speaking exam is almost here, and hopefully you’ve been working on your pronunciation and vocabulary.
JUST READ IT Answers: Fewer smokers in Hong Kong but among those who light up, more are turning to e-cigarettes, survey reveals [March 28, 2018]
1. A 2. Vaping 3. B 4. A 5. C
Getting top scores in the public exam seems like a faraway dream for a lot of students, but it’s not an impossible task.
JUST READ IT Answers: Why Hong Kong children have fallen behind in science race, and the volunteers pushing them to catch up [February 7, 2018]
1. because many students took part, which means there is interest in science and technology 2. C 3. The winning invention was a cheap, recyclable gel that can absorb oil, for example from oil spills.