1. (i) maritime (ii) documented (iii) significantly 2. (i) They become pink when they exert energy. (ii) They have blood vessels just below their skin.
We pored through the report from the examination authority and have come up with tips for all four papers.
1. many 2. the textile industry 3. (i) they worked in the textile industry (ii) they bought property 4. traditional shops selling Shanghai noodles, dumplings and other locally-made snacks
1. C 2. to create graffiti on subways
1. Any two: (i) students are more likely to skip s
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: Targeted in crackdown, Moutai liquor is once again the toast of the town [November 7, 2017]
1. costly / expensive 2. (i) distributors have no stocks (ii) the share price keeps climbing 3. (i) NG (ii) T (iii) F 4. (i) unseated (ii) toast (iii) lavish
CORRECTION: JUST READ IT Questions: Blind singer Michelle Siu talks learning music by Braille and performing at Concert in the Dark [November 1, 2017]
A technical glitch led to incorrect questions being printed yesterday
JUST READ IT Answers: Blind singer Michelle Siu, who won Supernova 2013, talks learning music by Braille and performing at Concert in the Dark [November 1, 2017]
1. The loss of her sight./ She got form of cancer that affects the eyes and became blind. /She became blind. 2. C 3. (i) NG (ii) F (iii) T
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: With no kings or queens, can Canto-pop find its star again? [October 31, 2017]
1. C 2. (i) plummeted (ii) shrinking (iii) veteran 3. The 1980s were a time of great economic prosperity./There was an economic boom in the 1980s./People had a lot of money in the 1980s.
JUST READ IT Answers: Where to get Hong Kong’s best fast-food fried chicken – and the worst [October 25, 2017]
1. fried chicken 2. (i) it shouldn’t be too oily (ii) the skin should be crisp (iii) the meat should be moist