JUST READ IT Answers: Digital detox: how much electronic clutter can we cleanse from our lives? [January 30, 2019]
1. A 2. peeking 3. (i) False (ii) True (iii) True (iv) Not given 4. challenging
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: In Tajikistan’s Pamir mountains, road trip across the roof of the world [January 29, 2019]
JUST READ IT Answers: Bruce Lee’s Hong Kong mansion to become Chinese studies centre [January 23, 2019]
1. Mandarin and music. 2. It’s the former home of kung fu legend Bruce Lee.
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: Japanese cormorant fishermen keep alive tradition that belongs to another age [January 22, 2019]
1. C 2. It is because lights/flames must be used to attract the fish/trout/ayu.
JUST READ IT Answers: All you need is love … in maths: HK educators come up with a way to interest students in the subject [January 16, 2019]
1. B 2. (i) geeks (ii) nerds 3. Maths Romance is meant to create interest in a subject that some people find boring. 4. 7,531 5. (i) NG
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: Hong Kong elderly and young volunteers connect through Habitat for Humanity’s home services [January 15, 2019]
1. They are people who cannot maintain their homes because they are low-income and/or senior citizens.
1. C 2. inevitable airborne future for short-range transport with vertical take-off and landing 3. i) Tii) Fiii) Fiv) NG
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: The mental dangers of a cluttered home, and how to avoid the anxiety it causes [January 8, 2019]
1. C 2. B 3. hoarding 4. B 5. A
Opening hours of study rooms at Hong Kong Public Libraries extended; applications for priority admission now open
Applications for admission cards begin today, priority will be given to candidates of major public exams or professional exams.
JUST READ IT Answers: The art of regifting: tips and etiquette for Hongkongers with presents they don’t want [December 19, 2018]
1. C 2. It’s a great option when you’re on a budget (1) and can help clear space in your home 3. Something that one person considers not valuable (important) may be considered valuable (important) by someone else