It’s been a strange few weeks for Hongkongers, and now you’re back at school. We know you must have all kinds of emotions running high, may be feeling stressed out, or even suffering from anxiety or depression.
We’ve seen some really inspiring artwork on social media promoting self-care and talking about mental health - and we’d love to see your ideas, too.
To mark the start of the new school year, we want you to design a piece of art that promotes a tip for self-care or a message that encourages people to speak out about mental health issues.
It could be a simple drawing or graphic, and may contain a slogan or be entirely visual. It is up to you how you want to convey your message.
We will select the 10 best pieces and post them on the official Young Post Instagram account. These entrants will each receive a HK$100 Starbucks voucher.
The artwork that receives the highest number of ‘likes’ will also receive a grand prize of a Wacom Intuos Pro M Paper Edition to continue their artistic endeavours.
How to enter:
Email your entry to email@example.com with your artwork as an attachment (JPEG or PNG files only), along with your full name (as printed on your HKID), your age, school name, and phone number with the subject line: BACK TO SCHOOL IG COMPETITION by 11.59pm on Sunday, September 8, 2019.
Remember that your entries will be posted on Instagram, so take that into account as you think about the physical dimensions of your piece.
Winners will be notified via email.
Terms and conditions:
- The competition closes at 11.59pm on Sunday, September 8, 2019
- The contest is only open to secondary school students in Hong Kong.
- Entries must be the contestant's original work
- The competition is not open to South China Morning Post staff or their families
- South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd. (“SCMPP”) reserves the final right of decision on all matters relating to this competition