Calling all Hong Kong student singers, bands and musicians! Here’s your chance to win Clockenflap tickets for you and your friends. And this year, Clockenflap founder Justin Sweeting will have a say in who wins!
You could be headed to the festival as it celebrates its 10th birthday with a bigger line-up than ever before.
All you need to do is share your sound …
Here’s how it will work:
- To enter, email us firstname.lastname@example.org an MP3 track (no larger than 5MB) or video link to your music. Lyrics or instrumental; classical sonata or heavy metal jam; in any language – it doesn’t matter. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look professional, either – we just want to hear you. Remember to include your names, ages and schools for each person who will be performing in your email!
- The Young Post team will narrow down entries to three bands. We’ll either come to the place you rehearse to film you playing the song, or we’ll bring you to our office in Tai Po to perform in our Live@YP music space.
- All the videos will go online at the same time so the public can vote for their favourites. After two weeks, the votes will be counted and the winning band or act will be off to Clockenflap for the whole weekend. (Runners-up will get tickets for a day of their choice.)
Closing date for entries is midnight on October 22.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize includes six weekend tickets to attend the Clockenflap festival (November 17-19, 2017). The tickets cannot be exchanged for cash.
- All members must be Hong Kong secondary school students 19 years old or younger.
- Entry to the competition means you consent to Young Post using your photo and music.
- Session filming will take place at an agreed convenient time and location. When you enter the competition, please have in mind an appropriate venue for the filming (eg your school, home, rehearsal room, etc) and make sure you have or can get permission to use the space!
- The session will be uploaded to Young Post’s YouTube page and may be used on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.