Young Post is planning to do a story to investigate why people living on Hong Kong Island don’t like to go over to Kowloon and vice versa. As many of you may have probably noticed friends or family who live on the opposite sides of Victoria Harbour are not too keen on going over to visit each other, I would like you to interview some of your fiends about the situation.
It will be in a vox pop style with direct quotes and a decent picture. I need the interviews to be completed on or before this Friday on October 28. Please feel free to contact me if you have any problems: email@example.com
Here are some guidelines to the questions you may want to ask.
1. Identify whether the person lives on Hong Kong Island or the Kowloon Peninsular.
2. Ask why he or she has a problem going across the Victoria harbour and why. It is important to get solid reasons for answers. Don’t just give a yes or no. Use your reporting skills to dig out some interesting answers.
3. Use direct quotes as this is a vox pop.
4. Don’t interview people who live in the New Territories.
5. And of course, don’t forget to get full names, ages and school information from the people you interview.
6. We always prefer to have pics to go with the quotes. But, our designers have told us they can’t use the pics pulled off Facebook. You’ll need to take fresh pics and the files should not be bigger than 1mb.
Send your entries with the slug hkvskwln in the subject field.
The deadline for this assignment is noon on Wednesday October 28.
Wong Yat Hei
You have a question? You want to discuss your ideas and experience with other Junior Reporters? Click here and write a comment on the Reporter's Club message board.