The Student Ambassador for Privacy Protection Programme is organised by the office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong (“PCPD”). Under this Programme, schools are invited to complete various missions related to privacy protection in order to become School Partners with PCPD.
The programme challenges students with two missions: the "Privacy Defender App" Design Competition, and the "Promoting Personal Data Protection" App Design Workshop. Schools that complete these missions are eligible for the Gold or Silver Award in this programme. The workshops are also a great opportunity to learn how to design an app, and to understand the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, while the Design Competition gives you the opportunity to test your new app design skill. If you've never had any experience in any of this before, don't worry - beginners are welcomed!
- “Privacy Defender” App Design Competition
- Application Deadline: 23/5/2018
- Submission Deadline: 15/6/2018
- “Promoting Personal Data Protection” App Design Workshop
- Date: 12/5/18, 19/5/2018
- Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
- Location: The City University of Hong Kong
- Dr Chee Wei TAN, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, The City University of Hong Kong
- Representative of the office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data
- Basic/ Intermediate App Design
- Introduction to Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
Please refer to the event website for terms and conditions.