Young Post's Short Story Competition is back for the summer, so it's time to flex those creative muscles!
This year's theme is:
You can interpret this however you want. Use your imagination!
What you need to do:
- Write a story that is 1,800-2,000 words long.
- The story must be all your own work and set in Hong Kong.
- On your story’s first page, write your name, age, school, and contact phone number.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “The Test” in the subject field and attach your story and a jpg photo of yourself (we accept selfies!)
Our favourite entries will not only be published in our super Summer Holiday editions, they will also be compiled into a bound and illustrated book. Those selected entrants will each receive a copy of these books. (Yes, you will be a published author!)
The closing date is June 24.
Terms & Conditions
- The contest is only open to secondary school students in Hong Kong.
- The competition is not open to South China Morning Post staff or their families.
- Each contestant can only enter one entry
- Entries must be the contestant's original work
- Contestants retain copyright of their submitted entries. However, by entering this competition, contestants grant South China Morning Post Publishers’ Limited the rights to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media platforms, in print and online
- The judges’ decision is final.