Hear Me, It's Time for a little Imagine Dragons competition! The band is performing in Hong Kong for one night only on Saturday, January 13, and Young Post wants to put you On Top Of The World. Well, we want to send you to AsiaWorld-Expo to see them live, but that's close enough.
We know you will do Whatever It Takes to rock out to Dan Reynolds, Wayne Sermon, Ben McKee, and Daniel Platzman's music in person, so this competition should be a breeze for creative Warriors such as our readers. Write a short piece of dragon-related creative writing, between 350 and 400 words, using the following sentence to start your piece:
“There was nothing but darkness. I heard a sound behind me and turned, and came face to face with ...”
Remember, for a chance to win, you only have these two rules:
1. Your piece must be within the word limit of 350-400 words
2. Your piece must be related to dragons
Email your entries to email@example.com with your full name (as printed on your HKID), your age, school name, and phone number, and put "Imagine Dragons story" in the subject line.
Deadline for registration is Sunday, January 7, at 11.59pm, and winners will be announced on Wednesday, January 10. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms & Conditions
- The contest is only open to secondary school students in Hong Kong.
- The competition is not open to South China Morning Post staff or their families.
- Tickets can’t be swapped for cash.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.