1. The mainland government
2. has never happened/ has been done before
4. steel plants /burning coal for heat and power generation/ cars (motor vehicles) (any two)
1. Hello Kitty
2. A job that you think is perfect/that you want more than any other.
3. (i) malodorous
1. public cinemas and theatre
2. 3 days
3. Thobes, the traditional long, white robe worn by Saudi men.
5. (i) F
“I’ve never heard him speak English.” My English friend’s careless observation gave me a feeling of guilt, even though I try to be fully involved in the local culture.
1. involved2. Find out what the greatest cyber threats to a company are, and what is being done to deal with them.3. (i) F
(iii) NG4. A
2. 30 billion tonnes of trapped carbon
3. A dangerous amount of greenhouse gases would be released into the atmosphere.
4. (i) T
1. pollution/air quality
3. particulate matter/ nitrogen dioxide/ ozone (any 2)
1. act/work very quickly
2. (i) stumbled upon
4. She tried to move them upright so they could breathe more easily.
1. (i) coveted
(iii) a stone's throw away
2. the food truck
3. by lottery/draw
1. They might die young
2. The study showed that antioxidant pills can upset the body’s stress-response mechanism and make young people age more quickly.
3. It can damage cells in a process similar to the rusting of metal.