1. She got only the silver medal./She did not win the gold medal.2. She faced Li in the gold medal match again./She had a second chance to beat Li/to win the gold medal.3. positive
1. (i) global(ii) injustice(iii) human rights2. Not many UK citizens are willing to let refugees live in their country.3. A4. (i) demolish(ii) derelict(iii) asylum
1. Spain2. He sent a Facebook message to the only foreigner working for the North Korean government to discuss the possibility of making a documentary. 3. issues often criticised by Western media, such as human rights abuses
1. deer2. The images contained hundreds of reindeer corpses./The images looked like something from a zombie apocalypse movie because of all the dead reindeer.
1. death2. They are less likely to die as early 3. i) dividedii) crack open a bookiii ) variables4. i) educationii) consideration / accountiii ) longeriv ) week
1. has spread quickly on social media2. a fourth POC roommate to share a house3. whether stating ‘POC only’ on their a form of racism
1. criticising2. 403. A test that reveals allergic reactions. / A way to find out what someone is allergic to by pricking the skin and putting a substance under the skin.4. i) NG ii) T iii) F
1. too much / excessive/ unnecessary2. is not cool or fashionable anymore3. i) Tii) NGiii ) NG4. i) a thirst for adrenaline/excitementii ) a sense of survival/survival instinct
1. It was because her mother died suddenly when she was eight, and her father died of alcoholism two years later.2. an orphan.
1. cooking2. cusi, the fruit of the babassu palm