1. fried chicken
2. (i) it shouldn’t be too oily
(ii) the skin should be crisp
(iii) the meat should be moist
1. No Chinese wedding is complete without a round of sharp fin soup.
2. to raise public awareness of the important role sharks play in the marine ecosystem
3. (i) F
1. To enhance its flavour and colour.
2. tea leaves, hot water, evaporated milk and sugar
3. The habit of drinking milk tea has spread from the grassroots to every social class.
1. to sell advertisements on food takeout boxes
2. Call centres had a limited number of drivers registered with them, and as a result, vans were often unavailable.
2. Hong Kong’s ranking is lower than Singapore’s.
3. more competitive
1. Basi’s handlers celebrated her life by holding a memorial service.
2. Basi only lived at the Research and Exchange Centre for 33 of her 37 years because she was rescued from the wild when she was four.
3. D – grateful
1. Roman architecture and beautiful coastlines
2. The Republic of Venice
3. It has the narrowest street in the world.
4. It is hidden in the rocks.
1. He was one of the most famous manga artists in Japan./ He was Japan’s best-loved manga artist.
3. He had to leave the war because he lost his left arm in an Allied air raid.
1. They are more health-conscious and want to pursue a healthier diet.
2. They provide quick delivery service. / They are easy to use. / It provides users with higher quality but inexpensive meals.
3. (i) T
1. (i) healing pimples
(ii ) healing a sore throat
2. (i) four
(ii ) What herbs and insects are used in Traditional Chinese Medicine, as well as what produce comes from the wetlands which we use it every day without knowing it.