2. surrounded by many people, trapped
3. (i) falsified/ fake
4. (i) T
1. Kan’s grandfather
3. the low pay, long working hours and uncertain future
5. work all day and all night without stopping
1. (i) perennial
2. (i) sluggish consumer spending
(ii) deaths caused by overworking/long working hours
3. An extra 10,000 yen
2. (i) NG
4. severe pain caused by trapped wind, suffered by young babies
1. The mainland government
2. has never happened/ has been done before
4. steel plants /burning coal for heat and power generation/ cars (motor vehicles) (any two)
1. Hello Kitty
2. A job that you think is perfect/that you want more than any other.
3. (i) malodorous
1. public cinemas and theatre
2. 3 days
3. Thobes, the traditional long, white robe worn by Saudi men.
5. (i) F
“I’ve never heard him speak English.” My English friend’s careless observation gave me a feeling of guilt, even though I try to be fully involved in the local culture.
1. involved2. Find out what the greatest cyber threats to a company are, and what is being done to deal with them.3. (i) F
(iii) NG4. A
2. 30 billion tonnes of trapped carbon
3. A dangerous amount of greenhouse gases would be released into the atmosphere.
4. (i) T