1. to sell advertisements on food takeout boxes
2. Call centres had a limited number of drivers registered with them, and as a result, vans were often unavailable.
1. Roman architecture and beautiful coastlines
2. The Republic of Venice
3. It has the narrowest street in the world.
4. It is hidden in the rocks.
1. He was one of the most famous manga artists in Japan./ He was Japan’s best-loved manga artist.
3. He had to leave the war because he lost his left arm in an Allied air raid.
1. They are more health-conscious and want to pursue a healthier diet.
2. They provide quick delivery service. / They are easy to use. / It provides users with higher quality but inexpensive meals.
3. (i) T
1. (i) healing pimples
(ii ) healing a sore throat
2. (i) four
(ii ) What herbs and insects are used in Traditional Chinese Medicine, as well as what produce comes from the wetlands which we use it every day without knowing it.
1. He tore the muscles in his shoulder three years ago.
3. He tore a ligament in his right knee a year into his recovery.
2. any two of: rent, education and parental ambitions for children, too many maids
3. He says they expect other people to fix their problems/ He says they want to have everything laid out for them.
1. to be sold at auction
2. It is the best Bruce Lee letter ever to appear on the market./It contains Bruce Lee's autograph, which is rare because Lee died young.
3. express the utmost in the minimum of motion and energy
3. He believes AI is a fundamental risk to the existence of human civilisation.
4. He believes the world will actually get better with AI.
5. (i) drum up
“It’s the last word in the dictionary and it’s fun to say and it’s fun to spell,” said an eighth grader Samara St Louis from Canada.