Anson Chan's 11 thoughts the night before school starts
By Anson Chan, 16, Carmel Secondary School
- Go to the website of Hong Kong Observatory and check whether there will be any typhoons or rainstorms, and wish Amber rainstorm signal or Typhoon no. 8 signal will be hosted.
- Check out who will be your new class teachers and classmates. If they are new to you, just go and stalk them through Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat. Maybe you will find something interesting.
- Check out which class your BFFs in.
- Make sure your mum will wake you up on time in case the alarm is not working.
- Think of and practise some gestures to like awesome and fabulous so that you can use them when you walk in to school. If you have no idea, just go YouTube and imitate how the Mr and Miss Hong Kong do.
- Rush your homework and sing “Let it go” at the same time. Don’t forget to listen to Summer by Calvin Harris, so that you can enjoy yourself like in a disco party.
- Pray that there’s a 32th in August.
- Count the number of days to the nearest holiday.
- Prepare your self-introduction speech. Make sure it is cool and impressing enough to knock down everyone, including you class teacher.
- Get a piece of paper and write “Holiday” on it. Then recreate the MV of “You belong with me” with it, where I’ll be Taylor Swift and it will be that guy.
- Make sure you have subscribe Young Post or you will miss out lots of fun.