Karam Yoo's 11 thoughts the night before school starts
By Karam Yoo, 16, German Swiss International School
- Admit it, all that zit cream isn’t going to get rid of that monster sitting smack in the middle of your forehead.
- Maybe I shouldn’t have indulged in so much ice cream over the holidays…
- There’s going to be new kids? Ooh, I hope they’re nice!
- Wait, it’s going to take me FOREVER to remember their names.
- I can’t wake up at 6! It’s going to be SO embarrassing if I miss the bus on the first day back.
- Great, now I have to actually fish around for some decent clothes. Urgh… can’t be bothered. Why can’t I wear my PJs to school?
- But… I still have 5 more episodes of Sherlock to catch up on…
- The holidays never last long enough. Two MONTHS flew by like two weeks.
- Uh oh, I haven’t even had a look at any of the books on the reading list…Well; this is what SparkNotes is for!
- Do I have to take anything ? It’s not like we even do anything productive on the first day…
- Arghhhh, why can’t I get to sleep? Experiencing a strange combination of dread and anticipation.