Shivani Kogta's 11 thoughts the night before school starts
By Shivani Kogta, 12, South Island School
- Ugh, I can't fall asleep!
- When will it be summer again!?
- I wonder when the next holiday is...
- Hold up -- how come that school gets to start later than ours?! Why do they get a longer summer holiday?
- You can do it! You'll make it through the entire year, no sweat!
- Who am I kidding, you'll barely make it through the first day.
- C'mon, back to trying to get back to sleep.
- But what if all my teachers are hard markers and the work is super hard?!? New year, new me -- this year I'm going to change everything.
- Don't be delusional, you tried this last year, you didn't really change much, did you?
- Are my friends going to be in my classes this year? Plus, who am I going to work with if I don't have my friends in my classes?
- Okay, you're doomed.