They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the same is true for art. We want to know what art YOU find beautiful!
Young Post is throwing an Insta-Art-Hunt competition. Here’s what you have to do:
- Read the descriptions below. We want you to find pieces of art that fit those descriptions. They can be anywhere - a public space, a gallery or an art fair. (For ideas on where to go, check out our recommendations.)
- To enter the contest, you have to find photos for at least 3 out of the 5 clues. Snap photos of the artworks, then Instagram them with the hashtag #YPWhatIsArt and tag @youngposthk.
- In the description, tell us the artist’s name, the name of the artwork, the year it was created, and where you found it.
- Then tell us (in the description) why you think that piece of artwork fits the clue, in 100 words or less
- Make it the best bit of writing you’ve ever done, and you and your besties could be on the way to see Katy on May 2!
*** All photos submitted MUST BE YOUR OWN. We will NOT accept photos taken from the Internet ***
Here’s what we want you to find:
1. A sculpture that is both strong and peaceful at the same time.
2. An abstract painting that is happy and joyful.
3. An artwork that is lonely.
4. A piece that looks simple at first, but becomes more complicated the closer you look.
5. A work of art that is both flat and round at the same time.
Closing date is midnight, March 31. Good luck and good hunting!
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is not open to South China Morning Post staff or their families.
- The prize includes ferry tickets and tickets to the concert.
- The winners will need to have valid documentation and permission to travel to Macau.
- Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- All work must be original and may be published in the print version of Young Post and online.