Here's what Mother Teresa, Michael Jackson and Al Capone have in common: they were all born in the Year of the Dog
February 19, 2018
February 09, 2018
UPDATED: Kindergartens and primary schools to close early for Chinese New Year to stop the flu from spreading
February 07, 2018
February 02, 2018
February 01, 2018
SOTY 2017: why students are the future of Hong Kong and what you need, besides good grades, to make the most of your potential
January 31, 2018
Here's what we know about the Las Vegas shooting so far:
- At least 59 people were killed and 527 injured when a man opened fire on a crowd attending an outdoor country music concert in Las Vegas on Sunday night.
- Officers found the shooter dead with 17 guns, including automatic rifles and guns in the style of AR-15s and AK-47s, on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.
- Stephen Paddock, a gambler, had set up attack points in a corner suite of the hotel, knocking out two windows to stage the attack from different directions.
- The incident was the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history.
- Shooter used a ‘bump-stock’ device to speed the rate of fire.
- The shooter’s father was a bank robber who was constantly running from the law, but before this, Paddock had no run-ins with the law as far as we know.
- Isis claimed responsibility for the attack.
- The FBI says Paddock had no known links to any international terror groups, and was believed to have acted alone.
- According to The Guardian there have been 1,516 mass shootings in 1,735 days in the United States.