In preparation for the latest movie based on J. K. Rowling's magical world, we put together a quiz to test your loyalty to the author and her fantastic characters.
See how many you can answer, watch as some of the Young Post team get things hilariously wrong, and then check your answers below!
1. Who was "The Boy Who Lived"?
2. How many movies are there of the original series?
3. Which house is Draco Malfoy in?
4. Who are Harry Potter’s parents?
5. What is Harry Potter’s trademark spell and where did he learn it from?
6. Who did Harry Potter marry at the end of the last book?
7. How many kids does Harry Potter have? Name one.
8. What was Harry Potter’s owl called?
9. Who was Harry Potter’s godfather?
10. What was Voldemort’s pet snake called?
11. What the name of the platform where wizards and witches take the Hogwarts Express to Hogwarts?
12. Which wand did Albus Dumbledore use when he was alive?
13. What is the animal of the Gryffindor House?
14. What position did Harry Potter play on the Gryffindor Quidditch team?
15. Which of the Weasley twins died in the Deathly Hallows? Fred or George?
16. Who was Harry Potter’s first crush?
17. After Dumbledore died, who was the next Headmaster of Hogwarts?
18. What form does Harry Potter’s Patronus take?
19. Who made Harry Potter’s prophecy?
20. Name one of the Deathly Hallows.
21. How many Horcruxes did Voldemort have?
22. In which book did Voldemort regain his body again?
23. Who killed Sirius Black?
24. Who created the Philosopher’s Stone?
25. Who was the Headmaster when Voldemort was still a student at Hogwarts?
1. Harry Potter
4. James and Lily Potter
5. Expelliarmus; he learned it in The Chamber of Secrets when students were taught how to defend themselves by Professor Snape and Professor Lockhart.
6. Ginny Weasley
7. Three: James Sirius Potter/Albus Severus Potter/Lily Luna Potter
9. Sirius Black
11. 9 3/4
12. The Elder Wand from the Deathly Hallows
13. A lion
16. Cho Chang
17. Severus Snape
18. A stag
19. Sybill Trelawney
20. The Invisibility Cloak/The Resurrection Stone/The Elder Wand
22. The Goblet of Fire
23. Bellatrix Lestrange
24. Nicolas Flamel
25. Armando Dippet