1. “a debate has been sparked”
2. Because the city has a large Christian population and is dubbed “the Jerusalem of China”.
3. low quality
5. They think that Chinese traditional values are being diluted by commercialised Western festivals such as Christmas.
6. That Christmas is a religious festival/That Christmas is supposed to mark the birth of Jesus.
7. Traditional Chinese festivals are compared to the main course of a meal, while Western festivals are compared to desserts.
8. It suggests young people will take even less interest in Chinese festivals.