1. The loss of her sight./ She got form of cancer that affects the eyes and became blind. /She became blind.
3. (i) NG
4. A blind person has to learn the scores by listening and by touch/ by feeling the Braille notes (1) while a person with normal eyesight can read the music sheet. (1)
5. (i) time
(ii) costly, expensive
6. translate and create Braille sheet music so that it is cheaper
7. She failed the exam the first time she took it.
9. as if she has magical powers / it’s like a voice from heaven/when she sings, I'm moved to tears.
10. Instead of singing songs written by others, Michelle will perform one she wrote herself.