1. to sell advertisements on food takeout boxes
2. Call centres had a limited number of drivers registered with them, and as a result, vans were often unavailable.
3. (i) nigh, (ii) merger, (iii) strike upon
4. While GoGoVan now has an estimated valuation of US$1 billion, it was started with only HK$20,000.
5. (i) Lam ate HK$20 meals from McDonald’s every day. (ii) The founders rented a very small room in an old industrial building. (iii) They ran out of cash in two months.
6. (i) born, (ii) raised / reared, (iii) studied, (iv) admitted, (v) pay