1. i) a Chinese home-sharing company similar to Airbnb-like home-sharing company
ii) Chen Chi
2. help Chinese people understand how to cater to guests and solve problems they have
3. It helps travellers plan entire trips and uses hosts that serve as tour guides.
5. The tradition of opening your home to strangers does not exist in China
7. His company helped to pay for smart locks so that guests could open doors on their own with a one-time code, and not have to wait to collect a key.
8. she wanted to make some money to help pay the rent
9. They are encouraged to connect their accounts to Sesame Credit, a system that rates an individual's credibility using big data.