2. They were alarmed because fewer students regularly eat breakfast as they grow older.
3. carbohydrates, protein and fruit
4. They hope parents will understand that making sure their children eat breakfast regularly is better for their grades than going to tutorials or other academic programmes.
5. (i) NG (ii) T (iii) F
6. Children who have regular breakfasts take in more nutrients and are less prone to obesity and cardiovascular problems.
7. Children need more sugar than adults for their brains to work, but they also need more sleep, so their stored sugar could get used up overnight.