2. Once the new MTR line opens, people from the south of the island will rely less on road traffic, and so can be encouraged to walk more.
3. i) T
4. Because the streets are crowded and vehicles take up most of the space.
5. The event showed how traffice could be diverted, and showed how a pedestrestrian scheme could be modified to be successful.
7. (i) successful
(v) air quality
8. (i) additional pedestrian crossings
(ii) widened footpaths
(iii) conversion of some of the blocks used for Very DVRC to permanent pedestrian use.
9. The pedestrianised Des Voeux Road Central