2. By surrendering their driver’s licence.
3. i) NG
4. i) Mistaking the accelerator for the brake./Confusing the accelerator (pedal) and the brake (pedal).
ii) Driving the wrong way along motorways (after entering via interchanges and toll booths).
6. i) concession
iii) in recognition of
7. More than 17 million Japanese aged 65 or over hold drivers licences, so 270,000 people is a very small fraction of the total.
8. The number of years a person's life is expected to last under normal circumstances./How long someone will live if they are not accidentally killed.
9. They will have their licences suspended or revoked.
10. Those living in rural areas; they could find themselves isolated.