1. It was cryogenically frozen.
2. So that she could be brought back to life at a later time.
3. He doubted if the Cryonics Institute would be able to bring his daughter back to life.
4. i) estranged
iii ) vulnerable
5. Whether there would be any relatives around in 100 or 200 years’ time to make sure that JS’ body was still being preserved.
6. i) Dennis Kowalski said Cryonics Institute offered no guarantees.
ii ) He added even the smallest chance of returning to life was better than zero chance.
7. He hoped he would be able to see JS' body after her death.
8. i) T
ii ) NG
iii ) F