Writing can be a daunting thing to do. If even just thinking about it brings you out in a cold sweat, relax – we’ve got you covered. Here are five writing tips that will take your essay from eh to excellent.
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: Hong Kong not equipping students for the future as well as Singapore or South Korea, study says [October 10, 2017]
1. technology 2. Hong Kong’s ranking is lower than Singapore’s. 3. more competitive 4. B
Festivals are a popular choice for test questions, either written or oral. So it’s always a good idea to have some “festival ammunition” up your sleeve just in case the topic arises.
Studying for exams can be stressful, boring and frustrating – especially when you’ve worked hard, but still don’t achieve good results.
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: World’s oldest panda and animal celebrity, Basi, dies in Fuzhou, China, aged 37 [October 3, 2017]
1. Basi’s handlers celebrated her life by holding a memorial service. 2. Basi only lived at the Research and Exchange Centre for 33 of her 37 years because she was rescued from the wild when she was four. 3. D – grateful
JUST READ IT Answers: Great Escapes: why Krk, Croatia, should be your next destination [September 27, 2017]
1. Roman architecture and beautiful coastlines 2. The Republic of Venice 3. It has the narrowest street in the world. 4. It is hidden in the rocks.
1. He was one of the most famous manga artists in Japan./ He was Japan’s best-loved manga artist. 2. C 3. He had to leave the war because he lost his left arm in an Allied air raid.
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: China’s growing middle class lose appetite for instant noodles [September 19, 2017]
1. They are more health-conscious and want to pursue a healthier diet. 2. They provide quick delivery service. / They are easy to use. / It provides users with higher quality but inexpensive meals. 3. (i) T
Memorising is tough, but it doesn’t have to be if you do it right. Here are simple ways to help you improve the effectiveness of your note-taking and you don't have to waste time making up songs.
JUST READ IT Answers: What’s in Traditional Chinese Medicine? The Hong Kong Wetland Park has the answer [September 20, 2017]
1. (i) healing pimples (ii ) healing a sore throat 2. (i) four (ii ) What herbs and insects are used in Traditional Chinese Medicine, as well as what produce comes from the wetlands which we use it every day without knowing it.