HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: China’s science graduates can earn more than bankers as AI talent shortage pushes up pay [January 30, 2018]
1. professional athletes/sports stars 2. (i) catchphrase (ii) mantra 3. China has set a goal of being an AI leader by 2030 but is suffering from an acute shortage of experienced AI talent.
1. vacuum flasks 2. They were often used as props in films.
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: Hong Kong children face health risk from too much screen time, according to new research [January 23, 2018]
1. (i) Children in Hong Kong are spending more time in front of screens than their peers in mainland China and the US
JUST READ IT Answers: Why do Hong Kong doctors overprescribe for common ailments? [January 17, 2018]
1. (Hong Kong has been) a shock to the system 2. wiping me out 3. They are convenient, fast and cheap. 4. C
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: From cheap copycats to premium challengers: How Chinese brands are beating Samsung and taking on Apple [January 16, 2018]
1. the iPhone 2. The opinion that a phone with basic functions such as a good camera, and enough storage for your music and movies is “good enough”, and you don’t always need the “best” brand or technology. 3. C
JUST READ IT Answers: Hong Kong’s tiny tile shops: handmade mahjong tile maker on the dying art of hand carving for the game [January 10, 2018]
Here are your answers.
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: Artificial intelligence: the doctors Chinese patients can’t beat up [January 9, 2018]
Here are your answers.
JUST READ IT Answers: Christmas cancelled for more Hongkongers who say they won’t buy any gifts amid economic crunch [January 3, 2018]
1. i) slowdown in China ii) strong local currency/locals shopping overseas 2. B 3. business in Hong Kong will suffer even more
JUST READ IT Answers: Six alternative Asian Christmas holiday spots for Hongkongers [December 20, 2017]
1. (i) you celebrate around a plastic tree in a tiny flat (ii) you spend all your money on an overpriced Christmas set menu 2. D 3. It is not full of tourists./Not many tourists go. 4. D
HIGHER REACHES ANSWERS: How Hong Kong’s expatriate communities keep Christmas traditions [December19, 2017]
1. Springmann and her family light the first of four candles on the Advent wreath and open the first window of their chocolate-filled advent calendars. 2. (i) festivities (ii) wreath (iii) native