1. I'd send the first-ever text to my mum - it's her birthday - telling her that I love her. Even though a simple "happy bday" text might not be that special, as the first-ever text in history, I'm sure she'll be touched!
Odessa Fung, 13
2. I'd finally become famous by sending every emoticon I know and becoming known as the inventor of the emoticon!
Giselle Chan Cheuk-ying, 18
3. "Hello from the person who just sent the first-ever text! I'm number one! Muhahaha!"
Tiffany Yip, 13
4. "One small step for man, one giant leap in my phone bill."
Jack Mak Sui-hin, 16
5. I'd come up with all the popular txt talk like lol, lmao, rofl, and roflcopter, and become famous!
Gary Li, 18
6. I'd send a text to myself, reminding myself to appreciate my Nokia phone because they won't exist in the future.
Edward Jung, 19
7. "Did you receive my message?" As it would be the first-ever text message, I'd need to check the person could actually receive it.
Jasmine Lo, 12
8. Most people would probably send their first text to their mum or dad, or even their boyfriend or girlfriend. But I'd send it to the person who I text the most and who really appreciates texts - my best friend.
Helena Chen, 12
9. "WAZZUP!" This was really popular in the 90s!
Josh Tarrant, 19
10. I'd send a text to my dad in 1992 to buy shares in Apple.
Stephen Chow, 16
For the first top 10 of the Christmas season, tell us what you like best about Christmas! Send your response, together with your name, age and school, to email@example.com with "Top 10: Christmas" in the subject field
You might also like:
- The charity St James' Settlement has been promoting green living through its "Go Goal" campaign. They conducted free workshops, including one teaching people how to make natural cosmetics which our junior reporters attended.