Michelle Fasching, 16
2. My dad gave me his "never-give-up" spirit. He always looks on the bright side and inspires me with positive energy. I remember one time we didn't have good food at home, and I saw my dad reading cookbooks and imagining that he was eating those delicious dishes while having a tasteless bowl of rice. He taught me to stay happy and hopeful even when times are hard.
Dorothy Yim, 17
3. How to write the perfect personal statement for my university application. Thanks, Dad!
Kate Ng, 17
4. To smile more. Why so serious?
Minnie Yip, 15
5. Frugality! For example, he always tells me to tear a tissue in half and only use one half to wipe my mouth. He says my mouth is not big enough to justify using the whole tissue. Doing small things like this will lead to big rewards one day!
Gigi Wong Ying-chi, 18
6. My dad used to tell me: stay silent when someone is angry with you, or else you will make them explode! I think that's a great piece of advice.
Yolanda Yip, 16
7. My dad told me something that could be very useful in future: "When contemplating which property to buy/rent, the three most important factors are location, location and ... location."
Jade Lam, 16
8. My father always said: "Don't you worry, don't you worry, child. Heaven's got a plan for you." So I guess I learned not to worry about anything.
Ruby Leung, 16
9. To keep dreaming! My dad still wants to become an astronaut, even though he's over 40 years old. Although he may never become an astronaut, he has an objective in life. I hope one day I'll also have a dream like my dad!
Sonia Tsui, 18
10. When the fung shui is right, everything is right. I hope he was joking ...
Natalie Tam, 18
Donguri Republic, a store specialising in character-themed merchandise based on the animated films of Studio Ghibli, is opening in Hong Kong next week. So for our next top 10, tell us who your favourite character from Studio Ghibli is. Send your response, together with your name, age and school, to firstname.lastname@example.org