Win a trip to Paris to study at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu!
Dazzle us with your cooking talents and win fantastic prizes. The winning entrant will be sent to Paris to learn from the masters, the first runner-up will head to Beijing to study the secrets of China’s top chefs and the second runner-up will learn from one of the best Michelin Star Chefs in Hong Kong.
You have a chance to learn from star chefs!
A total of 24 individuals/teams will enter the 6 preliminary rounds and attend weekly Star Chef cooking lessons and be rewarded with certificates by Towngas Cooking Centre! Have we whetted your appetite? Read on!
Who can enter?
- be full-time students
- be between the ages of 15 and 20.
- be available to take part in the competition which will run from May 24 to August 29.
The employees and families of the organizing and sponsoring companies are not eligible to enter.
How to enter?
1. Work on your own or team up with a friend, and cook up a storm. Take photos of your best dish and head to the Young Post Facebook Page or Towngas Cooking Centre Facebook Page. Like the page, then register (as an individual or team) and upload no more than five photos of your best dish. The photos should clearly display the process of cooking, colour and presentation of the dish as well as the appearance of the participants.
2. Get your family and friends involved by asking them to vote for your photos.
3. All photos and dishes submitted must be original works. Unauthorised use of another person’s work will result in disqualification.
4. You must register and submit your photos by July 4.
5. Sit back and wait for our call. 30 individuals/teams will be contacted for interviews to be held on July 11.
6. Qualifying participants will be selected based on the criteria below:
Creativity of dish: 30%
Appearance of dish: 30%
No. of votes on Facebook: 40%
7. A total of 24 individuals/teams will enter the preliminary round and attend six Star Chef cooking lessons on July 16, 18, 25, August 1, 8 and 15. Twelve individuals/teams will be eliminated throughout the cooking lessons.
8. Twelve individuals/teams will proceed to the semi-finals on August 22.
9. Six teams/individuals will be selected for the finals on August 29, where the Champion, 1st and 2nd runner-up teams/ individuals will be announced.
As well as an incredible opportunity to learn from Hong Kong professionals, the top three individuals/teams will receive some lip-smackingly fabulous prizes ...
- The Champions will travel to Paris, France, to receive lessons at the world’s most renowned culinary education institute, Le Cordon Bleu
- 1st Runner Up entrant will head to Beijing to study Chinese cooking in the capital
- 2nd Runner Up entrant will attend cooking classes in Hong Kong, and relax with a stay in a 5-star hotel
So grab your apron and your chef’s hat and get cooking. Good luck!
- All photos and dishes submitted must be original works. Unauthorised use of another person’s work will result in disqualification.
- Participants should be the originators of the dishes and photos and have sole ownership of the copyright and interests.
- Participants will bear full liability for any breach of copyright laws arising from their photos and the organizers will assume no responsibility.
- The trips to Le Cordon Bleu and Beijing cover the cost of accomodation, air tickets and course fee only.
- South China Morning Post Publishers Limited and The Hong Kong and China Gas Company Limited reserve the right of final decision in case of any dispute arising from this competition.