by Anita Lam
SCMP, page A1 and A2 December 11, 2009
1. Faster future looms as trams reach turning point
- approaches -
2. Hong kong's lumbering but beloved trams are set to...
- clumsy -
3. ... if plans come to fruition
- realisation -
4. Plans to revamp the city's oldest public transport system...
- renovate, remodel -
5. ... addressing a mismatch in supply and demand
- a bad or unsuitable match -
6. ... but with long haul trams not able to turn around until they reach their destination...
- a long haul is a journey over a long distance -
7. Trams in the west are always congested
- packed, crowded -
8. ... to help maintain the spacing between trams and prevent bunching
- prevent them from gathering together in a group, a cluster -