by Barclay Crawford and John Carney
SCMP, page A1 and A2, November 30, 2009
1. Gabriel Ricardo-Azedo, once a pillar of Hong Kong's Portuguese community ...
- reliable and essential character, well-known personality -
... and a former global partner of blue ribbon accountancy firm Grant Thornton ...
- a top quality -
2. The bank said in a High Court writ that it lent Azedo ...
- legal document (here issued by the High Court) -
3. ... seeking an account of trust assets alledgedly held on their behalf
- supposedly -
4. Grant Thornton International, a global umbrella network for Grant Thornton member firms
- network that contains many different elements -
5. Grant Thornton had rendered, and will continue to render, its fullest co-operation and support to the authorities
- give -
6. Mr Azedo was at all material times a fraudster who had defrauded
- cheated, stolen, illegally obtained money from her -
...the plaintiff of her monies through an ongoing
- plural of money -
... fraudulent scheme
- dishonest -