Calling all Hong Kong student musicians! There’s nothing like watching your favourite band storm the stage at Clockenflap for a bit of rock-spiration. And you could get the gang to the festival this year with a weekend ticket for each member of your band. All you need to do is share your sound to enter.
Here’s how it will work:
- Send us an MP3 track or video link to your music (firstname.lastname@example.org). It can have lyrics or be instrumental, and can be in any language. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look professional – we just want to hear you.
- The Young Post team will narrow down a shortlist of bands. We will then come to the place you rehearse to film a short session. All the videos will go online at the same time so the public can vote for their favourites. After two weeks, the votes will be counted and the winning band or act will be off to Clockenflap.
- The competition opens today (September 11) and you have until midnight on September 25 to submit your stuff.
Terms and conditions:
- The prize includes six weekend tickets to attend the Clockenflap festival (25-27 November, 2016). The tickets cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The song you submit can be an original or a cover.
- All members must be Hong Kong secondary school students 19 years old or younger.
- In the event of a draw, Young Post will select a winner. The judges’ decision is final.
- Entry to the competition means you consent to Young Post using your photo and music.
- Session filming will take place at an agreed convenient time and location. When you enter the competition, please have in mind an appropriate venue for the filming (eg your school, home, rehearsal room, etc) and make sure you have or can get permission to use the space!
- The session will be uploaded to Young Post’s YouTube page and may be used on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.