Young Post's Short Story Competition is back for the summer, so it's time to flex those creative muscles!
This year's theme is:
You can interpret this however you want. Use your imagination!
What you need to do:
- Write a story that is 1,800-2,000 words long.
- The story must be all your own work and set in Hong Kong.
- On your story’s first page, write your name, age, school, and contact phone number.
- Email email@example.com with “The Test” in the subject field and attach your story and a jpg photo of yourself (we accept selfies!)
Our favourite entries will not only be published in our super Summer Holiday editions, they will also be compiled into a bound and illustrated book. Those selected entrants will each receive a copy of these books. (Yes, you will be a published author!)
The closing date is June 24.
Terms & Conditions
- The contest is only open to secondary school students in Hong Kong.
- The competition is not open to South China Morning Post staff or their families.
- The judges’ decision is final.